Monday, August 10, 2009

I miss my grandmother

My grandmother was the coolest person I ever knew.

She died when I was 16 from a brain tumor.

She loved Sci-Fi, read a million books, was pulled in 20 directions at all times, took care of me for a lot of my life, and had a great sense of humor and the patience of a saint.

I miss her.

She kept my crazy mother in check and made sure I didn't starve. She supported me when I felt like nobody else did.

I miss her terribly.

She loved Star Trek TOS and Space 1999 and any other show that showed space in any way shape or form.

She worked for 35 years in the parts department at a major aerospace company.

She had a stay at home husband for about 10 years until she retired.

She had a mini motorhome that she used to take me on vacation with. I loved that thing.

I will always miss her.

No comments: