Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Trying to find songs that describe my life

I love music. I am the first to admit I will listen to just about anything. Songs can bring me back to a place in my history that is so real, the emotion bubbles up out of me.

Anyway, I was on facebook today and someone filled out a note about songs for the movie of your life. I had to really think about it for some time but I think I finally came up with a decent list.

Opening Credits: Ain't No Sunshine - Bill Withers

Childhood (0-10): The Way it is - Bruce Hornsby

Teen Years: Against the Wind - Bob Seger

Your First Love: Sweet Love - Commodores

Your First "Time": Right and Wrong Way - Keith Sweat

Truly Falling in Love (ie, the person you know you want to spend the rest of your life with): Wedding Song - Tracy Chapman

Heart Broken: One Last Cry - Brian McKnight

A Time of Angst and Intense Soul Searching: Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve

Accomplishing Something Amazing: Take California - Propellerheads

Battling Personal Demons: Mad World - Michael Andrews and Gary Jules

A Time of Intense Anger: Mudshovel - Staind

Closing Credits: Holding Back the Years - Simply Red

Do you have a favorite song for your life?

No comments: