Monday, August 10, 2009

If my parents are insane, what am I?

I happen to be one of those lucky people who have two completely insane parents. I don't mean I think they are insane but they are normal to others. I mean clinically insane. My father thinks he is god and my mother has an emotional maturity of a 5 year old. Both have major issues.

The question I have is... how crazy will I become? My doctors describe it as a raging river. If you jump out of the river near the beginning it is pretty easy to get to the side and jump out, but if you wait until right before the waterfall there isn't much that can help you. They obviously are right in front of the waterfall, or... going over as it were... and could really care less.

Is this a valid assessment? Or is insanity more of a spectrum? I know some of our greatest thinkers in history were somewhat insane... Maybe there is hope for me. Maybe a book in my future? Who knows. I would need to learn how to write first...

I started this blog because I think a LOT of things but I feel like I can't ever say it all. There is SO MUCH I want to say but don't want those involved to read it. Hmmm. Dangerous to post on the internet you ask? True... But I laugh in the face of danger... and then hide until it goes away.

No comments: