Sunday, August 16, 2009

Why does my mind wander?

Today I couldn't stop thinking 'what if' again. I love my husband dearly, but there are men that I have been friends with for years that I wonder 'what if?'. What if we had dated, what if I had been interested, what if what if what if. Usually this means I am feeling weird about my own relationship, because if things are weird I think about others more often (great clue when things aren't going well btw) but I do love my husband dearly. Still, this one particular man always makes me laugh, stares me in the eye with a devilish grin, always makes innuendo but nothing too far...

I am happy I am married, but sometimes I wonder what would happen if I was free for one night, free again to do whatever it is I feel. I know that many bad things went along with my past, and I know that I can't relive it, but just one night. One kiss. One tender touch. One time to really hear how he feels about me and I would be happy.

Might be time for a heart to heart with the husband..

Anyone else have these thoughts? Anyone else feel like one kiss would be enough to satisfy the hunger, no matter how illicit?

No comments: